^ TOP
SEO and Content Marketing Blog

Dealing with Panda and Penguin – the new rules for SEO

Our Head of Search – Stan, was a speaker at the Joomla! Day 2012 in Sofia, Bulgaria. Check his presentation about the new rules of SEO, where he shows how to solve common technical SEO issues and deal with Google’s Panda and Penguin updates.

 

The following two tabs change content below.
Paris's foray into Internet marketing began in 2003, and since then has spanned numerous projects in countries that include U.S., China, Turkey, Bulgaria and Romania. Paris founded Hop Online in the spring of 2009 with the aim of aggregating the Bulgaria talent potential and establishing a highly qualified search and social marketing outpost in the region. So far, so good.

Latest posts by Paris Childress (see all)

Comments:

Loading Facebook Comments ...

2 thoughts on “Dealing with Panda and Penguin – the new rules for SEO

  1. Looks like it was an in-depth presentation. On slide 46, Stan talks about unnatural anchor text being used for in-bound links. It seems that google is looking for more natural linking styles which makes sense because the average internet user doesn’t always link using anchor text “keyword”. They use words like “click here” or even type the full URL. It’s much more natural. I read that it was recommended that seo link campaigns change their format to a 70/30 split where 70% of the in-bound links acquired should use this method, avoiding use of keyword anchor text, while the remaining 30% should continue to use the “keyword” anchor text. I’m interested in other peoples experience since the update.

Leave a Reply

Get open and free feedback on your digital marketing strategy
Thank you for getting in touch with us. We'll respond as soon as possible.

Read our blog for more information and case studies on Content Marketing, SEO Audits, and Google Penalty Recovery.

Best wishes,

Hop Online